Come Work With Us!
Surfing World is now hiring.Read more
We’re looking for a new froth-dog legend to join the team at Australia’s longest running surf magazine!
Surfing World is now hiring for an entry level content creator role. If you’re a mad content making surf-freak, apply right now.
This will be a hands-on role where you will get access to a dedicated, passionate crew and specialists across the action sports industry.
You need to be able to tell a story well – whether that is in snappy social copy, longer form web copy or via video, we want to see what you’ve got and in return, you’ll get to work in an exciting industry and have an awesome and unique first step into the world of surf media.
A sense of humour is a massive plus!
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating content plans for Surfing World and Coastalwatch
- Copywriting tasks – including e-newsletters, blogging, editorial coordination and customer relationship management
- Sourcing content and creating copy for social media channels
- Keeping abreast of new digital and content marketing trends
- Writing, designing or creating original content across multiple platforms OR: If you’re better on the cam, creating video content across multiple platforms.
What are we looking for?
- Years of experience aren’t relevant to us, we’re looking for someone who will be pumped to create content about surf!
- We want to see what you’ve done – and expect you will have written and posted things online via your own social channels, blog or YouTube platform.
- A passion for content creation writing and/or filming and editing plus digital trends and innovation
- A love of design, graphics, blogging, and/or video production (efficient in Premiere Pro)
- A stickler for spelling and grammar, with strong writing and communication skills
- Strong time management skills and urgency for deadlines
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new situations, structure and needs of the brands
- Self-starter and willingness to take initiative
- A hard-working and career driven individual who takes great pride in their work
To apply for this job, please email Lulu at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line “Content Creator”. Please include your resume and a cover letter outlining your fit for this role and a link to two pieces of content you’ve created that you’re most proud of.
- Contact Name: Lulu Wilkinson
- Contact Email: email@example.com